Thursday, February 17, 2011

Round 7 vs DRW: Board 1

A good example of theory meets reality. The first part was well played by both of us. Then there was a crucial point for me where I just could not find the right continuation. Looking back at it I realize I could not find the right continuation because I did not properly identify my most pressing objective. Knowing there must be a move leading to decisive advantage but not seeing it is frustrating and frustration took me from rational thought to a brief visit in Lalaland. I was dreaming of some back rank threats when I returned material but once material had been returned it became apparent there was no back rank weakness.  Once again had I done a proper position analysis, nothing difficult indeed, I would have had a much better chance to find the right move. Soon afterwards, practical considerations took over. Black was under extreme time pressure, I played fast not to give him time to think on my time. It was white who had practical chances, black had none. In the end this paid off and lucky for me under time pressure he fumbled. Tough game which had its moments, but see for  yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment